Remember last week when we said that the average cost of a Thanksgiving dinner this year should be about $48.90? Well if thats still a bit too pricey for you then heres some tips to save a little bit more!
1) Keep It Simple: Go for basic dishes, don't try to get fancy, you're wallet will definitely thank you after a trip to the grocery store!
2) It Doesn't Have To Be A Whole Turkey: Depending on how many people you have coming over make sure you get the right size turkey. Remember it doesn't have to be whole, a few legs and thighs could definitely feed 4 people.
3) Don't Plan For Leftover: Instead plan for how much everyone can eat in one sitting.
4) Don't Go At It Alone: Just because your hosting dinner doesn't mean you should cook everything. Have your guests each bring one dish.
5) Check Your Inventory Before Grocery Shopping: You don't want to be that person who has stockpiled 6 cans of cranberry sauce in the cupboard because you always just assumed you were out.
For the original article please click here!